Monday, March 10, 2014

  • Hayley Quinn charges around £200 for private 90-minute tuition sessions
  • Has helped 100,000 hapless romantics find love
  • Ghost wrote for authors behind dating book The Game
  • Bisexual and currently has 'perfect' boyfriend
  • Was crippled with shyness, anxiety and self-doubt throughout school  
  • 'Repelled' boys until in her 20s and first kiss turned out to be a cruel joke

By Bianca London

|

A love doctor who blossomed from a tragic teen to a top relationship guru now earns up to £100,000 a year dishing out dating advice.

Hayley Quinn makes her living helping desperate men and women to get over their dating hang-ups and take control of their love lives.

Since first helping a hapless romantic find love around five years ago, she has become one of the nation's most in-demand love gurus and is booked around-the-clock.

The love doctor: Hayley Quinn, 27, makes her living helping desperate men and women to get over their dating hang-ups and take control of their love lives - for £200 a session

The love doctor: Hayley Quinn, 27, makes her living helping desperate men and women to get over their dating hang-ups and take control of their love lives - for £200 a session

The Londoner has helped more than 100,000 men to fight their fear of approaching women, but the dating expert hasn't always been so lucky in love herself.

The 27-year-old says she 'repelled' boys until she was in her 20's and even her first kiss at 14 turned out to be a cruel 50p joke set up by the school heartthrob and his friends.

Hayley said: 'I was not an attractive teenager - I looked awful. I was overweight, I had bad hair, braces, hand-me-down clothes, bad skin - I was a total geek, I just repelled boys.

'I was crippled with shyness, anxiety and self-doubt all throughout school and university - and even though my looks improved as I got older, I was still painfully shy.

Changed woman: She admits she 'repelled' boys until she was into her 20's and even her first kiss at 14 turned out to be a cruel 50p set on the school heartthrob by his friends
Hayley, pictured in her teens, described herself as spotty and overweight

Changed woman: She admits she 'repelled' boys until she was into her 20's (right) and even her first kiss at 14 turned out to be a cruel 50p set up by the school heartthrob and his friends but she's 'learned the hard way' how to engage with people and is now cashing in on it (left)

Hitch: Since first helping a hapless romantic find love around five years ago, she has become one of the nation's most in-demand love gurus and is booked around-the-clock

Hitch: Since first helping a hapless romantic find love around five years ago, she has become one of the nation's most in-demand love gurus and is booked around-the-clock

'That feeling stuck with me for years. And I had to learn the hard way how to engage with people.

'Even my first kiss was tragic - it is so embarrassing thinking back. I was completely in love with this boy at school, totally obsessed, and he came over and asked me for a kiss at a school disco.

'I couldn't believe it, and then he came over and did it again. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world, I thought everything was going really well.

'But it turned out that his friends had bet him 50p to kiss me, and they didn't believe he had done it the first time, so they made him do it again.'

The real life answer to Hitch has struggled to hold down a serious relationship, enjoying the single life and preferring casual flings with both men and women.

But after years of helping others f ind their soulmates, she has eventually found true love of her own and bagged her 'dream man', 27-year-old singer/songwriter and music producer Dan.

Business: Hayley says she has blossomed from a tragic teen to a top relationship guru - and now she's earning £100,000 a year dishing out dating advice to hopeless romantics

Business: Hayley says she has blossomed from a tragic teen to a top relationship guru - and now she's earning £100,000 a year dishing out dating advice to hopeless romantics

Hayley added: 'When I met Dan I wasn't looking for a relationship, I was really happy being single. And I am bisexual so I guess you could say I was enjoying the best of both worlds.

'It took him months to get me to agree to a date. But now we've been together a year and everything has been amazing ever since.

'He is my absolute dream man - he's the guy I would have had plastered all over my bedroom walls when I was younger.

'At work, I teach my clients to strive for what they want most and to customise their relationships so it works for them and their individual needs.

'That is the type of relationship Dan and I have - he understands that I am bisexual and if I wanted to date a women, he is cool with that, he doesn't see it as a threat. He understands that it is all part of who I am.'

Tricks of the trade: Hayley says she teaches her clients to strive for what they want most and customises their relationships so it works for them and their individual needs

Tricks of the trade: Hayley says she teaches her clients to strive for what they want most and customises their relationships so it works for them and their individual needs

With a lack of personal experience under her belt, Hayley fell into the world of dating expertise after a chance meeting with a pick-up artist involved with the controversial book 'The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists'.

After slating the 'repulsive' book on Twitter, Hayley was contacted by one of the writers and arranged to meet up - shortly after, with a job offer as a ghost writer, she hopped on a plane and moved to New York.

It was there that she learnt the art of picking up women and started dishing out advice to love-lorn men - writing the diaries of a 'London playboy'.

She said: 'It was completely by luck that I got into this business. While I was at university my then boyfriend was obsessed with the book 'The Game'.

Teen years: Hayley was shunned by boys as a teenage - a feeling that stuck with her for years leaving her crippled with shyness
Hayley in her teenage years, before she blossomed into a love guru

Teen years: Hayley was shunned by boys as a teenage - a feeling that stuck with her for years leaving her crippled with shyness

'But I thought it was disgusting and I took to Twitter - one of the guys saw my Twitter rant and got in touch with me asking to meet when he was next in London.

'He thought my writing was really witty and next thing I knew I was on a plane moving to New York to ghost write for them.

'Through working with these pick-up artists I learnt everything there was to know about how to pick up women and dating.

'Everyone deserves to find that special someone. When I work with people - regardless of looks, age, gender - I like to think I really see that person, I see something that is attractive in everyone.

'A lot of the people I work with are how I used to be - anxious, shy, nervous - but these are the jobs that I value the most. They are so much more rewarding.'

Hayley charges around £200 for he r private 90-minute tuition sessions and also holds seminars, speaks at events, writes regular columns for newspapers and magazines such as Men's Health.

Chance: Hayley, pictured at school, says: 'Everyone deserves to find that special someone. When I work with people - regardless of looks, age, gender - I like to think I really see that person, I see something that is attractive in everyone'
Hayley says: 'A lot of the people I work with are how I used to be - anxious, shy, nervous - but these are the jobs that I value the most. They are so much more rewarding'

Chance: Hayley, pictured at school, says: 'Everyone deserves to find that special someone. When I work with people - regardless of looks, age, gender - I like to think I really see that person, I see something that is attractive in everyone'

 

MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS

MOST READ NEWS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!