Friday, August 15, 2014

Real Housewives of New Jersey star Rosie Pierri sat down with NJ.com prior to opening fight night at the Golden Nugget Atlantic City. She was there to speak on behalf of a company called Manitek, which helps knock out malnutrition in children.


NJ.COM: How cool is it to be here in Atlantic City?

PIERRI: It's unbelievable! What an exciting event tonight. I'm so excited to be at the Golden Nugget. This place is newly renovated, it's beautiful, everyone should come down and check it out.

So tell us what brings you here tonight?

PIERRI: Well tonight is fight night with Rossy & Dawejko. We got a New York boy with a Phila boy so watch out, it's going to be unbelievably action packed and for a great cause.

Yea, the fight to knock out malnutrition in children, how do you play a role in that?

PIERRI: The company that is behind it all is Manitek, they have some great products. They take a percentage of what is purchased and send it to different countries as well as the USA and send food and supplements that the children need to nourish their bodies. So it's all vitamins and minerals and stuff like that gives children what they need to grow.

How did you hear about Maniteck?

PIERRI: I got into it because I was using a product which is a shake supplement. So instead of having a meal you would have a shake. It was working for me and then I started talking to them more about it and they said they donate a percentage of the product to malnutrition in children and that really grabbed my eye. They have a good product and they also do good things with the company.

So how did you link up with the boxing?

PIERRI: Well my cousin Sal is the boxing promoter from Final Forum and I introduced him to a Manitek representative. They decided to do this event and asked if I'd be a part of it, especially boxing, it's so awesome.

Can you show me some of your boxing moves?


PIERRI: Sure [then does moves]. I've been boxing a little bit. Since I met up with my cousin Sal. He said boxing is really great training if you're trying to lose weight. So I've been doing a little boxing. He showed me a few moves with one of his trainers that trains Natu from California and it's been awesome.

Being on reality TV and seeing yourself, did that give you inspiration to lose weight?

PIERRI: Well before I was even involved with the reality TV, it was a long process for me for the weight loss. It's always been a struggle for my whole life. But I got thin and then things happen, life happens and you gain weight. I started about six years ago on this path so it's been taking awhile for me. But now that I was able to stop smoking cigarettes, that was my first step. Then my second step was getting to the gym. It takes a while it's not an overnight thing. The best thing is to lose it slowly, just keep it off, eat right and exercise. And if you slip up a little bit because everyone want's to cheat, you're allowed to have a cheat meal. But the thing is the next day you have to get right back to it and stick to it.

Oh yea definitely, especially if you are going to go on Millionaire Matchmaker.

PIERRI: Well listen, Millionaire Matchmaker was really nice to meet the nice ladies from LA, but I was really lucky to meet an amazing person here on the East Coast. She's been a lot of my inspiration to quit smoking and weight loss and everything. She's just lovely. We have a lot of fun together and it's just really nice.

Well we are really happy for you and glad that you are still based out of New Jersey. Now that you are in Atlantic City, what is your favorite thing to do?

PIERRI: I have to tell you, I like the roulette wheel. It's a fun thing and it's quick and it's fast...you don't really have to have a strategy...my favorite numbers are 11, 8, 4, 17, 32, 20. I know my numbers in my head and I concentrate on those numbers. Sometimes they come and sometimes they don't, but it's just a lot of fun.

So many of your fans wanted to know how Teresa and Joe are doing?

PIERRI:
They are doing fine. They are working hard, keeping their family together. I know they have a tough road but I think the two of them will get it together and work through it and it's a tough time for everybody. They're ok they're doing fine.

If there is one thing you wish for your family what would it be?

PIERRI: That everything works out for everybody, and everybody is successful. Healthy. Happiness. Love. And just be happy and laugh a lot together. That would be my one wish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!