Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hollywood is a vast and complex landscape, and as much as we would like to keep track of every celebrity's move at all times, it's simply not possible. A few celebs will slip through the cracks, as will their relationships. Some celebrity romances are right there under our noses the whole time and we don't notice them until we stumble upon an article that starts with "Whatshisname and Whatsherface, who have been dating for two years" and we do a double take a spit take and an outtake and every other type of take in response.

Even as a celebrity blogger who is tasked with staying abreast (and sometimes even anipple) of all the goings-on in Hollywood, especially who's dating whom and who's pregnant with whose baby and who made an agreement to go grocery-shopping together while one of them was already in a relationship, I see celebrities together sometimes and go, "Wait… she's with him? He's with her? Why didn't I get a memo?" So I put together a list of celebrity couples flying so under the radar you probably didn't know they were together until this moment. At the very least they're one of those couples you heard were together once but have to keep being reminded about because they're so unexpected.

1. Rose Byrne & Bobby Cannavale Rose Bryne, Bobby Cannavale

 (Photo: Brian To/WENN.com)

A couple of weeks ago at the Emmys, Bobby Cannavale won for his role on Boardwalk Empire and thanked his girlfriend Rose Byrne, whom he dubbed "the love of my life." Yes, apparently these two adorable human beings are actually an adorable item. And they dress well too.

2. Minka Kelly & Chris Evans

Chris Evans, Minka Kelly from side

(Photo: Devone Byrd/PacificCoastNews.com)

Am I the only one who had no idea about these two? They apparently briefly dated in 2007 but got back together about a year ago. How did such a mutually attractive couple go so unnoticed by me? I thought I had beautiful couple radar, but apparently I was wrong.

3. Matthew Perry & Lizzy Caplan

Matthew Perry, Lizzy Kaplan US Open(Photo: Jean Catuffe)

This is one I learned about recently but keep periodically forgetting about. Chandler Bing and Janis Ian have been an item since 2006. They're 13 years apart, but I'm betting their lovable sarcasm more than makes up for the gap. Don't they look like the perfect couple to be a third wheel for? Where do I apply?

4. Alison Brie & Dave Franco

Alison Brie holding hands with boyfriend Dave Franco July 2012(Photo: Tonnessen / Steinberg / PacificCoastNews.com)

These two have been dating for two years, but we at Crushable just realized they were an item in July. Congratulations to them for staying under the radar for so long. Unfortunately now we know about them so we'll be hanging on their every intimate lunch date for the remainder of their relationship. Sorry not sorry.

5. Carey Mulligan & Marcus Mumford

Carey Mulligan, Marcus Mumford candid

(Photo: PacificCoastNews.Com)

This is one of those couples where I read about them and go, "Oh… yeah, I think I knew about them? Maybe? Did I? Am I thinking of someone else?" But Daisy Buchanan and the frontman for Mumford and Sons are an item. And not only that; they've been married since last year. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that Carey dated Shia LaBeouf. This is just too much.

6. Cobie Smulders & Taran Killam

Taran Killam, Cobie Smudders

(Photo: WENN)

I heard about this around the time Taran joined the cast of SNL, and I thought, "Oh, they're cute." But then I immediately forgot about them, even though they've been married since last year. Now that we've all been reminded of them/learned about them for the first time, aren't they just the cutest?

7. Kirsten Dunst & Garrett Hedlund

Garrett Hedlund, Kirsten Dunst

(Photo: WENN.com)

Oh, the girl who's been starring in movies for as long as I remember is dating that guy from Tron and some other stuff? Okay. I'm fine with it. Carry on.

8. Rosemarie DeWitt & Ron Livingston

Rosemarie DeWitt, Ron Livingston

(Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com)

This one might have gone unnoticed because neither of them is really well-known, but as a personal fan of both of them, I was delighted to learn they've been married since 2009. They even star in the new film Touchy Feely together. Who knew they were getting touchy feely with each other? Eh? Eh? I'm sorry.

9. Jessica Szohr & Ed Westwick

Jessica Szohr, Ed Westwick

(Photo: Patricia Schlein/WENN)

These two were SPOTTED together back in their Gossip Girl days, but they seemed to have gone their separate ways until recently when they were SPOTTED together again. I had a hard enough time remembering when they were together in the first place, let alone knowing they were back on. That could just be because I've been blinded by my Blair and Chuck love and assumed Ed would just date Leighton Meester in real life.

10. Lauren Graham & Peter Krause

Lauren Graham, Peter Krause

(Photo: WENN)

I don't watch Parenthood, the show these two star on as BROTHER AND SISTER, which might explain why I wasn't keeping track of their romance. If you can believe it, these two actually met on the set of Caroline in the City back in 1995 when they were both guest stars, but they didn't get together until this new show came along.

11. Amber Tamblyn & David Cross

Amber Tamblyn, David Cross

(Photo: FayesVision/WENN.com)

I think maybe I keep purposely forgetting this one because it's seems so out-of-the-blue to me. But these two have in fact been married since last year despite a 19-year age gap. Hey, they make funny videos about wanting the government to leave women's vaginas alone, so I'm all for this match. I just will probably forget about it again immediately after publishing this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!