Saturday, June 7, 2014

Published May 13, 2014 at 8:00 am (Updated May 12, 2014 at 4:21 pm)

  • Bermudian author Rodney Smith's latest book 'Words Of A Broken Heart: Advice To Women On Getting Over Relationships and Moving On' is already almost sold out. He wrote the book seeing that most people can relate to break ups and broken hearts, but not every one knows how to handle it. Reading this book will help people with the recovery process, he said.

    Bermudian author Rodney Smith's latest book 'Words Of A Broken Heart: Advice To Women On Getting Over Relationships and Moving On' is already almost sold out. He wrote the book seeing that most people can relate to break ups and broken hearts, but not every one knows how to handle it. Reading this book will help people with the recovery process, he said.


'); //-->

Move over relationship advice gurus like Steve Harvey and Dr Phil. There's a new guy in town looking to help women realise their worth and get the most from their partners — and his name is Rodney Smith.

Mr Smith offers daily tips on love, sex and relationships on his Facebook page.

One tip recently offered to ladies was: "Understand this, when you decide to fight for a relationship make sure you're not fighting alone. If you're the only one fighting for it, it should end!"

The advice has been so popular his recently released book Words Of A Broken Heart: Advice To Women On Getting Over Relationships and Moving On is already nearly sold out.

Mr Smith said the book was aiming to show women how to get over relationships and move on in a healthy way after a break-up. (And no, that doesn't involve going on a drinking binge or rebounding with another man.)

According to Mr Smith, many women are struggling in this area and he wants them to stop repeating the negative cycles and find prosperity in their relationships.

"The message I hope women get from this book is that break-ups will happen," he said. "It's a part of life and it's a part of growing and just because that relationship didn't work it doesn't mean that there's no one else is out there for you because there is.

"There is a guy out there who deserves all that you have to offer and who will appreciate everything you bring to a relationship.

"He will love, respect, and cherish you. He will treat you the way you deserve (with only the best). It's very important to me that women don't give up on love."

Mr Smith said his mother and late grandmother instilled in him a lot of respect and admiration for women growing up.

They taught him how to be a gentleman and treat women right, he said.

"I hear all the time people say 'You can't raise a man'," Mr Smith said, "But I believe you can and it starts from home."

He said he was inspired to start writing about relationships after seeing a lot of women dealing with treatment they don't deserve.

"I always had a passion for writing and when I did start to write I had people say to me that my writing helped them out," he said. "By hearing that it only motivated me more to continue on with it."

His goal is to empower, encourage, and advise women about their relationships from his point of view.

Mr Smith started receiving a great deal of positive feedback on the advice he gave on social media sites, which led him to write his first book.

Called Words from a Gentleman: From a Good Man to Great Women, Advice on Relationships, it discussed different relationship issues that women may come up against and how to deal with those issues.

But the author admits he didn't see any of this popularity or success coming.

"The only reason why I did end up writing books was because the women on Facebook really enjoyed the things that I wrote on there and asked me to," he explained. "If it wasn't for them I probably would have never done it, but I'm glad I did.

"Knowing that what I write uplifts and encourages people to continue on means a lot to me. And so far the feedback from my latest book has been very positive.

"The book has been on sale where I attend school in Huntsville, Alabama. I have had women tell me that they really enjoyed and it opened their eyes to many things about men and relationships. I have also had women tell me that they have left bad relationships because of my books and daily Facebook posts."

Mr Smith is currently working towards his Bachelor's degree in computer science at Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University of Huntsville, where he plans to also get his Master's degree.

However, he said the thought has crossed his mind about become a qualified relationship coach full-time.

A few copies of his latest book will be available in local book stores for $10. People can also get in touch on his Facebook page for a copy while supplies last.

  • '); //-->
  • '); //-->

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!