Saturday, June 21, 2014

Today's featured authors: JJ Black, author of Our Omega; Elizabeth Lapthorne, author of Icy Control; and Natalie Dae, author of Master Zum. We're talking keeper books, reality TV and fellow romance authors.

JJ Black, author of Our Omega

Three books on my keeper shelf:

Acrobat by Mary Calmes. I love the way Dreo and Nate came together, not just because of mutual attraction, but because of the love they had for Dreo's nephew. It wasn't just about a couple falling in love, it was about becoming a family.

Soldier Mine by Amber Kell. This is the first book in my favorite series of hers. I love Kreslan and Vohne. Two strong men, destined to be together over centuries, fighting to save their world and each other … swoon!

Bound by Honor by SE Jakes. I've always been a fan of dominant men in books, but I was a bit hesitant about BDSM until I read this book. Tanner's need to submit to Damon and the sense of freedom he felt at the loss of control was eye opening. They were both so broken, but their trust in each other helped them heal. Love it!

Here's the blurb about Our Omega:

Sometimes two just isn't enough.

Noah Steele is a broken man. Though born a strong, confident Alpha, the torture and betrayal he experienced by order of his own father have left him a shell of the man he once was. Still gripped by the fear left in the wake of his trauma, he no longer trusts his instincts or his ability to lead. Shamed, he hides himself away, even from the mate he longs to claim as his own.

Dax Marshall needs some downtime. Between protecting the Pack in his role as Beta and leading teams to search for more of Alpha Steele's facilities, his responsibilities are starting to overwhelm him. If only he could find the one person destined to soothe both himself and his wolf.

Between dominant wolves, power struggles are always an issue. Time and patience will be needed to make their mating work. Unfortunately, time is in short supply. New information has Dax, Noah and a team following a lead to a breeding facility—and much more. Among the prisoners, they find an abused young man who calls to them both in a way that neither of them understands.

While they scramble to adjust to fate's curveball, more information comes to light showing just how far Alpha Steele is willing to go in his quest to rule the Packs. Will their new happiness withstand the madman's plans or be destroyed by the malevolence of his ambition?

Find out more at jjblackbook.wordpress.com.

"Icy Control" by Elizabeth Lapthorne.(Photo: Totally Bound)

Elizabeth Lapthorne, author of Icy Control

Three of my favorite reality shows:

• I have really enjoyed Australian Masterchef. I've always liked cooking shows in general (my grandma was addicted to them and passed on that love). And while there's a few I enjoy, Australian Masterchef seems to grab me the most. It moves at a fast pace, has some really out-there dishes and challenges and seems to have the formula right for holding my attention.

• I also enjoy The Block, which is an Australian renovation series. Similar to Masterchef, there are plenty of home renovation shows out there and I have a secret indulgence of watching quite a few of them, but again The Block seems to have the formula right. There's a weekly challenge to spice things up and some of the room reveals are just breathtaking. There's also plenty of drama — which is what I seem to get addicted to on top of the good DIY tips.

• Finally I've been addicted to American Survivor for a long time. I'm fairly sure in this case it's as simple as there's such a good range of people and characters interacting that it always manages to hold my attention. People are some of the most interesting things in this world and I love seeing characters interact together.

Here's the blurb about Icy Control:

Rob and Sally need to uncover an ancient secret. But he's losing control—and loving it.

Robert Stevens has known Sally Langtry for almost his whole life. They've been friends forever, and he's always secretly loved her. Sally, an artist, is so sweet he can't possibly be the right man for her. She's free-spirited, innocent and optimistic. Rob has always resisted bringing the darkness of his job, the horridness of what he sees day in and day out, into her life.

He is urged by his colleague, El, and his boss to turn to Sally for help in looking for a stolen Cezanne masterpiece. At a loose end and unsure where else to turn, he does so. El and her lover James recover the painting, but Sally's curiosity is now piqued. She wants to tag along to study the work of art. Rob, always helpless when it comes to indulging her, agrees. Sally helps discover a series of codes hidden within the picture.

Deeply curious now, both Sally and Rob visit the artist whose work Sal recognises.

The action becomes deadly, but it's too late for them to turn back. Rob tries to protect Sally, but he no longer has the legendary control he's so used to working with.

Find out more at elapthorne.mmebj.com.

"Master Zum" by Natalie Dae.(Photo: Totally Bound)

Natalie Dae, author of Master Zum

Three of my favorite fellow romance authors:

Lily Harlem, Ashe Barker and Sierra Cartwright. All three have an exceptional way of drawing me in and not letting me go. Their varying styles suit my varying moods (hee hee) and I know with each author I'll always, always get a good story. They are my go-to for romance. I love them.

Here's the blurb for Master Zum:

Pain of the pleasurable variety was all I needed—and Master Zum provided it.

I visited Marshall Cottage for one thing only—to be pleasured by Master Zum and the exquisite pain he offered. Actually, that was a lie. I visited to see him, to be touched by him in ways that told me he wasn't just there for sex. Love, that's what I wanted from him, to go along with the adoration I was so willing to shower on him. He was alluring, commanding, and I tingled all over every time he was near. I needed him, longed for him, and our time together was never a disappointment.

Could I reach that sweet place I wanted to be while he administered his brand of pain?

Yes. Yes, I could.

Find out more at nataliedae.blogspot.com.

Read or Share this story: http://usat.ly/1iq0taU

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!